Acceptability at Recruitment
Acceptability at CT / Work-Up
Individual at Risk
Donor / Recipient
Explanation of Condition
Those under the influence of alcohol may have reduced capacity for informed consent, may be unreliable donors and may suffer from other associated health problems.
- How much alcohol has been consumed
- How long for
- When the potential donor quit
- If >40 units/week ---> ask donor if plans to cut down. Delete from register if no plans to cut down.
Discuss each case with medical officer.
Do not accept if:
- Self-declared alcoholic and ongoing heavy alcohol consumptiom
- Evidence of alcohol related organ damage - cardiac/neurological/liver (liver function tests are NOT indicated at VT)
Pseudonyms or Related Conditions
Version 1, Edition 2
Date of Last Update
9 June 2016